Wednesday, 16 July 2008

Come Outside Doctor, It'll Do You Good


Essex man, Dr D.G. Hessayon the famous gardening expert, has said he's lost interest in gardening because he doesn't find it therapeutic any longer.

Dr Hessayon is 80 and I suppose when you've been doing something for donkey's years it can lose some of it's sparkle. But I find it terribly sad that a man, whose books have sold millions and given hope to little people like me, could have reached the stage where he no longer wants to potter outside.

I hope he finds another love, because passion shouldn't have a grow-by date.


Things I find therapeutic:

Friends.

Giving my love.

Writing

Cooking

Talking

Doing simple things well.

3 comments:

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hey Duch!
I've sent you another invitation for Messenger, check out your emails.
I'll be in and out this afternoon, got to make some cakes and clean the kitchen windows! Thrilling!
Have a fab day sweetie.

Your trusty old Queen

Anonymous said...

The first gardening super star in my book Glo, he writes in a simple way even someone like me can understand. It's a pity he's got this attitude now but maybe he'll discover a new love. It's funny I've never seen him on the telly.

Anonymous said...

I know!!! I saw you but I think I was too late. This whole time zone thing sucks.

I'll look for you on Friday!

Duchy