
If I could be anywhere today I'd be in Washington.
I'm imagining my little English body jumping in the air straining to get a glimpse of President Obama. I'd woooo! and cheer! and cry! with the rest of them, I'd probably faint too. But what a time and place to faint! At the Inauguration of a President. Much more classier than dropping to your knees by the frozen veg in Sainsburys.
But I'm not in Washington I'm here in windy Blighty so I'll have to watch it on the telly and that's alright with me, mate.
Before I sign off I must tell you about last night's sausage.
It was a dinner fit for a pauper, a King and indeed a President. The sausages were smashing likewise the Yorkshire pudding in fact I think it was the one of the best dinners I've ever cooked. Yet it was so simple. And that makes it even better.
On the menu tonight I lean towards the dark side with Devilled Chicken!
So now I have to do what English women do. Potter about.
2 comments:
I'm still watching coverage of the event. I saw the "first dance" with "At Last" sung by Beyonce. She did well considering that is Etta's song.
I had Josh at the dentist today right when Mr. President Obama was being sworn in and they invited me back to the office to watch with the rest of the staff because I was peering around the counter to see their television.
Every where I went today people were happy and there was a general feeling of unity. Haven't had that here for...well....since....never. Black, white, Catholic, Muslim....all as one country.
Yesterday our country honored Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. How fitting that President Obama was sworn in today.
I guess tomorrow he's going to get right to business and sign away Guantanamo Bay as a prison. Lots of good things will happen here.
I'm proud to be an American today. Only here can someone from any walk of life become Commander in Chief.
Your AMERICAN Duchess
What a fantastic comment! Thanks Duch. I love you yanks!
Post a Comment