Just returned from library.
Mum looked so at ease and pleased I couldn't help but be happy. Wendy, the lady in charge, took mum under her wing showing her where the large print crime novels were, I stood back, allowing mum a taste of her old life...
In addition to her six murder books mum allowed me to take out recipe books. One by the lovely Mary Berry the other Nigel Slater's Kitchen Diary. I'm excited, satisfied and warmed by them already. Waiting for the kettle to boil I had a quick flick...There's something sensuous about loving food. The few sentences I read were teeming with adoration and perfect mash. I wonder what Nigel would think if he knew I'd be opening a can of Spam.
Thursday, 7 February 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gloria, it's so good to see you back in love with food. Sensuous, you bet, especially I find, if you use your imagination and make it fun he he. And as for Nigel Slater's opinion, I'm sure he would appluad your versatility and find a way to love spam too. Yours in admiration The Hairy Suit.esuchmsa
Here's to spam, mash, mothers - and hairy suits!
You betcha x
Post a Comment