Friday, 15 August 2014

Two Strikes

It's a wonder my monitor didn't explode yesterday ( 14th ) I did after all score two Strikes when bowling and, being a glutton for punishment, I had to choose the heaviest ball,
And as I watched the huge purple thing career down the alley I thought..."Ticker prob? What ticker prob? I mean that was one heavy ball and 5ft me hurled it graciously with not even a hint of approaching cardiac arrest.
Total rubbish all these hospital appointments.
They're taking up time which could and should be spent engaging in nicer things. Like shopping. Like cooking. Talking of which...After bowling Young Little Hairy Suit and I dawdled around two charity shops, me with my hand constantly in my purse, and little Hairy groaning with all the stuff he'd 'bought'.
Later on....
Cooking was done.. I made Nasi Goreng for last night's tea. And as Mr Horsehound scooped up his pork I dreamed about the weekend's food.
It's good to dream. Nay, essential according to psychiatrists. So off my mind went coming up with some tasty treats for the weekend. Mostly cake.

After bagging groceries this morning I'll take a little time out for a light luncheon. Probably some kind of meatless sandwich. Then I'm off to the hospital to drop my monitor into a big box.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the doc 'reads' it.
"Good God woman what WERE  you doing on the 14th from 11:30 am to 1:30pm?"
"Having a ball Doc, having a ball"


2 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

When they strapped a monitor to me ....I had not even one of the flutters...wouldn't ya know! I'll know if it's the BIG one :) Have a beautiful cake baking weekend!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Oh yes Linda we'll know if the BIG ONE comes.
Can't wait to get baking all those bad-for-my-heart cakes.When I keel over I'll say it was stress what did it NOT a large Victoria Sponge !!!