Winter is giving me the pip.
I went out this afternoon wrapped up like mummy, only wanted some butter, but as I was out and near the charity shop, I thought it'd do no harm to pop in.
Joan, my old favourite volunteer, was just doing up her brown coat.
"Oh there you are" she said head cocked to one side and a wee half smile on her face
I immediately felt in the wrong.
Joan is lovely, a bit of a talker and gasbag, but wise and warm and has always offered me hugs when times were bad.
"Yeah" said I sloping towards her arms outstretched.
"Well, where you bin? asked she
"Nowhere, just been cutting up vegetables"
As I disentangled myself from her mumsie grip I held her hands and asked about her family wondering if her very sick daughter had improved.
"I'll tell you next week" she said "When we've got more time"
I sensed there would be much befriending next week and so as she walked away I promised I'd be in next Thursday possibly with cake.
"You'd better be" she joshed.
Dear Joan, built like an over fed auntie and with the faith of Job...
Oh God, I miss International Football.
England aren't playing until 27th March. Lithuania at Wembley. A friendly. March March March...
That's when the Riverside caravan site re-opens and work starts on my decking. Already have the wood just need to stick it together.
Daffs, decking, football and Spring.
I can't wait.
Thursday, 29 January 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment