Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Lamb or Lentils?

Lentils.
But not always.

Since there's been three of us in the bungalow my menu planning has altered. A bit. Before mother came to stay Mr Horsehound and myself indulged in a lotta lentils but since the Great Invasion the puys have vanished.
And I don't like it.
Lamb and pork chops are excellent tea time fare but they kinda dry up my creative juices. As do other meat filled dishes.
There's only so much one can do with half a pound of mince.

So last night, as I lay in my bed, ear plugs in and notebook on my knees I promised myself, God did I promise myself that from tomorrow I'm demoting meat.
Mum of course will continue to struggle with her chops but for Mr H and myself Lens culinaris returns.
(Not every day, we will continue the tradition of Pork Chop Wednesday)

But the thought of producing gorgeous meat free meals has put a smile on my chops!

                                                  Red Spit Lentils     Puy            Green


No comments: