As you'd expect Christmas for me this year will be a mix of smiles and tears.
Smiles because I love baubles, candles and the fact that I've forgiven my next door neighbour for being an utter pain in the neck. A lot of strength comes from being magnanimous.
Tears will no doubt ruin my eye make-up as thoughts of mum accompany my festive preparations.And as her face appears in the steam on the kitchen window and her voice soothes as I peel yet another potato I will say "Merry Christmas, you old silly" and drop the spud in the pan.
This year's economically sound gift buying trips have been good but each one tainted by the fact that I didn't buy mum anything. Ouch!.Last year I bought her a wedding ring on account of the loss of her original ring (she was very upset about that) .
This year the only losing going on was her losing her pain then me losing her.
But as I decorated the front room with coloured candles and a basket of tangerines I talked to mum. I said I missed her and that I hoped she was ok.
This morning I'm off to see Hairy's Mum, the tiny feisty Viola. I've made up a small hamper for her and hubby, Trevor. It's stocked with chutney, cheeses, homemade cake and sugar free strawberry drops. (Vi being diabetic, but not a wholehearted one). Trevor will have what's left...
And that's what Christmas is about...Love. And inappropriate gifts!
Merry Christmas All.
Love
Angela x
Monday, 22 December 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love and gifts from the NOFs
xxx
Thinking of you, and all the fun and happiness your Mum brought you through the years. Have a peaceful Christmas - Love, Marilyn
Merry Christmas Mr and Mrs Nof and thank you for reading my blog x
Oh yes Marilyn, mum certainly made all my Christmasses special. She was there!
Hope you have a pleasant time, whatever you do. x
The same here....missing the parents and grandparents..missing my little grandsons who had so few Christmases and knowing that we creep slowly towards our last ones! We rejoice in that special birth and in those who we have here and now! A funny time of year...tears and joy. Have a wonderful Christmas anyway dear girl!!!
Post a Comment