Tuesday, 29 June 2021

Look I really can't think about anything other than tonight's result...

Southgate's boys beat the German boys 2-0.

And this, for me, is the thickest sweetest icing on today's deelish cake. 

Today has been an ok kind of day. Been houseworking and baking. And that's fine. That's what I love to do.

And readers of this blog of which in the past have been many will know how much the antics of the England football team fascinate me.

Tonight's performance had me nearly choking on a piece of pork crackling but I cheered on and with the final whistle gave my pacemaker something to get its teeth into. I now wait for Saturday's match against either Ukraine or Sweden...

Tonight's win was a super special birthday present for me, albeit it a day late, but any win against any team on any day will always be the most wonderful gift.

Thanks Gareth, Raheem and Harry.

You've made a very old girl happy.

 

 

No comments: