Thursday, 17 June 2021

 Rain.

Rain.

And more rain.

Not a problem for me. I'm resting with Mark. Resting? Hardly. But I must try. Doctor Kelly's advice.

He was charming. Very chummy but very businesslike too. And so as I sat boiling with the heat, he said "you will be having a heart scan".

This on account of what the phsyiologist found two weeks ago when I went for a Pacemaker check up.

Apparently I'd had an event, an occurence in the lower chambers of my heart. Which, the doc said, was serious.

Bugger.

But he was so nice about it, about everything in fact, so reassuring. But his soothing friendly tone of voice didn't quite mask the seriousness of my situation.

After smiling broadly we said our cheerios, he went back to his large desk and I left the  hospital walking briskly to the bus stop.

I shopped till I nearly dropped, getting bits and bobs for Father's Day. Bought a gift on behalf of Mark for his dad, and a box of chocolate brazils for Mark's grandad. Don't know if any of that makes sense. Mark, bless him, can't shop, he hasn't a clue about money. We, his family, do the shopping for him, paying for it happily. Mark just does the "what have you bought? thing.

 He really is a wonderful young man. Full of joy. 

And by jolly jingo do we need that right now.

 



No comments: