Saturday, 31 May 2008

Poetry Club 1

The Saturday Poetry Club

I'll be posting poems and automatic writings every Saturday.
If anyone wants to submit their poem, however simple or elaborate, please feel free to do so in the comments section of this post.
You don't need to leave your name.


Rubbing It In

The silence of a well kept room
only made worse Betty's loneliness.
*****************************************

Savage Family

In the jungle of his playroom
five year old Tommy rode a tiny tiger
his flawless hands squeezing the giant teddy
and riding with the beasts he was fearless.

In the jungle of her kitchen
thirty year old Maudie sat astride her breakfast stool
her parched hands holding her lovers last letter
and weeping she listened to Tommy

In the jungle of his office
thirty five year old Michael gazed at girls
his empty hands tapping out a love song
and lost he sketched wonderful escape plans.

In their jungle house high up on the hills of Wittering
the family nested...
***************************************************************

Birds of a Feather

The boy down the road
the one with the funny legs
skipped
when the girl down the road
the one with the funny arms
waved.
*********************************************

Garden

Nuts on a plate
A flower growing crooked
cracks in the pipe
that's my garden.
***********************************************

Surprise

Suddenly I swallowed a light
it fairly took my breath from me
its crackling sweetness
soothing my rancid throat.
***********************************************

Needs Not Manners

The squirrel without manners or thought
crash landed on the delicate bird table
its contents the squirrels breakfast.
And like a starving man he scooped every nut and seed
and pocketed a few for later in his day.
****************************************************************

Friends

Little Tilly's head left a dent in the ceiling
when big Roger made her laugh.
They spent the afternoon looking up...
*****************************************************************

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good idea Glo!
Don't laugh but here's something I wrote a long time ago.

"A sunrise and a sunset
their golden light
warms the day
and night"

Can't write poetry but I like reading yours.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Victor on two counts.
And I'm not laughing.

Anonymous said...

Savage Family is my favorite. I wonder how many families are in the jungle.

Duchess