Monday, 23 December 2013

Baking and Loving

I wanted to make everyone happy so I got up early and baked and shopped. It had to be an early start because mum had an eye appointment in the afternoon. Or so I thought.

Firstly a sweet Mincemeat and Date Cake for Hairy's ma and pa then a few cuppas with Hairy himself. He'd popped in to talk Christmas so we chatted merrily before it was time to take mum to the hospital.

She looked awful.........pain has a way of contorting the face, and as I stood at the end of the bed I knew she wasn't going anywhere.
"What'll I do Ang?
She was telling me in a convoluted way that she didn't feel well enough to have a Mr. Eye Man poking needles in her eyes but she wanted me to make the decision for her.
So I did.
" We're not going to the eye clinic we're going to the surgery".
With that she slumped on the bed, relieved I think, and quickly fell asleep.

Her arms and back have been wickedly painful lately and it's getting her down so much so that she again told me she wished she were dead.

She saw the Doc.
He's reluctant to give her opiates so suggested she increases her regular painkillers. A blood test was arranged too.

We came out drained.
Mum looked pale like a lifeless silvery fish.
I, like a worn out person.

I fell into the car wishing it could be Christmas every day so I could shower mum with lots of beautiful things.

I recently bought her a wedding ring.

There's still lots of baking to be done, two Gingerbreads at least.

Seems like a good and perfect time to wish everyone who reads my blog ... Rob, The Nofs, Guernsey Girl, The Major, Ken, Parky, Jerry and Digger a Merry Christmas.


Be Happy!



6 comments:

Linda Metcalf said...

Have a blessed Christmas and praying your mom can enjoy a pain free day.

The Hairy Suit said...

Hello Gloria, I love your bloggs, your baking and your loving he he x Happy Christmas everyone, it's a magical time, Rob xxxx

Mr and Mrs NOF said...

Thank you Mrs H for your blog. Whether your news is good or bad, happy or sad, your words are always a delight. Long may you continue.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Linda. Always good and stirring to get a message from across the pond.

x

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof. I always try to make my mark whether funny or serious.
Usually pathos rules.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hello Robert. My cakes are almost as generous in size as my capacity to love.You lucky man.
x