Thursday, 24 July 2014

With red and pink roses from my garden and bunches of Gypsophila and yellow roses from the florist on the hill, mum's floral kisses are ready to be laid..
Tomorrow.

Heaven knows what I'll do when I see her again.
I know what I'm going to say though as my hands touch her wicker basket coffin..

"When I was a child I couldn't have had a nicer mummy. When I grew to be a woman I couldn't have had a better friend"




4 comments:

Guernsey Girl said...

And she couldn't have had a better daughter...never forget that.

Gloria Horsehound said...

I did my best, Marilyn. No doubt about it. It's taken its toll but she was a good mum and I wouldn't, couldn't have left her to the mercy of others. Mum knew that too. Thank you for leaving a comment, an uplifting one too.

Terry said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Just remember that for a number of years she stayed with you and you gave her 1005 of your time and love. No daughter could have given more.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Terry, I did my best and am beginning to feel good about it.