Tuesday, 7 October 2014

I'm slipping up.
Yesterday I actually MISSED the Liberal Democrats groaning on at their annual conference. This was due to being held captive by pots and pans and all things kitcheny. I did though, during a brief break, catch sight of a dark shirted Nick Clegg speaking to the converted. His cool wide eyed guy image in stark contrast to one member of the audience; a sleeping-head -hanging -to -one -side-middle-aged lady who, for reasons known only to herself, decided to catch a few zzzzzs while the Great Leader performed.
I love scenes like that.
I'm betting Cleggy hopes old sleepyhead won't let the side down tomorrow when he steps up on stage to give another speech. He will be praying she and other members of the Lib Dems stay awake...But I'll bet eagle eyed cameramen will hunt down and then zoom in on heavy lidded Liberals.
Snoozing is as part of Conferences as speeches.

The X Factor is really annoying me.
The weekend's offerings brought tears. Too many.
Odd choices. Why didn't the nice red haired cool voiced mum go through to Live Shows?
Gasps of incredulity in the Bungalow as Chloe Jasmine Whichello( who was on the show in 2006 and booted off) a  bleached - blonde girl with fake posh accent wiggled her way through to the next round. Her posing and showyoffness rubbed me up the wrong way. I don't mind posers IF they have the weapons to back it up. All this girl offered was a sick mix of Marilyn Monroesque/Princess Diana poses and pouts and a strained bluesy voice. I Like Marilyn, I like Diana I like Blues but I don't like to see a bad mash-up. Cheryl Ann Fernandez-Versini (singer? turned weeping judge) gave the thumbs up to whatshername and in so doing start a Marmite War. People will either love her or loathe her.
I know what camp I'm in.
Talking of excitement...


Euro 2016 Qualifier. 
Thursday 9th October
Kick Off 19:45. 
Wembley. 
England v. San Marino





No comments: