Tuesday, 7 October 2014

Nasty Council. Deaf and Idiotic Too

I've just received a summons, or rather mum has, for non-payment of council tax.
In the weeks after her death I spoke to a couple of people from Westminster Council regarding her arrears. They wanted to know why she was behind with her payments.
I told them she was dead.
"Oh" came the reply
"Sorry. I'll see if we can write it off"
That was a good while ago. Never heard from them again. Till today.
A red letter too telling mum she has to go to court to explain to the magistrate why she hasn't paid.
Well unless his Honour is a whizz with the Ouija board there's not much chance of him getting a reply.
Damn these people to hell.

2 comments:

Mr anfd Mrs NOF said...

It's good you can se the funny side!! Write back with.a copy of the death certificate and using the words from your blog. That'll tell 'em!!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Good idea Nof. Thanks.