Nigel Farage's often ridiculed party claimed the Clacton-on-Sea seat through a bi-election caused by the resignation and subsequent defection to UKIPof former Tory MP. Mr Douglas Carswell.
![]() |
| On the left an overjoyed Nigel Farage with an equally bouyant Douglas Carswell. Photo courtesy of The Guardian. |
It was a thumping victory. and in so doing surely sent shock waves through Tory HQ because what'll happen next methinks....will other Tories jump ship?
I'm not excellent at prose but you get what I'm getting at.
If Carswell a once staunch Tory boy can wander off into Farage's arms who else will?
I forsee not a bombardment of defections but a slow trickle...
And as for Nick Clegg and his group they only managed to get 400 + voters to tick the appropriate box. A sad and worrying day for the Liberal democrats.
Likewise for Ed Miliband.
Politics, at the moment, is virile and interesting. And I can't wait for the General Election in May 2015.

2 comments:
We tried the Simple Stew recipe from My Table last night and very good it was. Rich and tasty!! Thanksp
You're very welcome Mrs Nof.
I'll be posting more traditional foodie recipes as soon as I get over the snuffles!
Post a Comment