Friday, 7 November 2014

It's ok

I'm having a girlie day in.
Reading magazines generously given to me by Viola, Hairy Suit's mum, being soppy with Monty by rubbing his belly and hand-feeding him cheesey biscuits, listening to Radio 4 and in so doing being educated, informed and entertained. And while I listen I relax.
Mum was fond of saying that if you can't sit still doing nothing in particular then there's something wrong.
And, as usual, the old bean was right.

I am having a lovely day.
My tum though is kicking up a fuss on account of being empty but fasting occasionally for a few hours is beneficial. I assume. I'm being kept upright by drinking tea and thinking about last night's fantastic picnic pie (details on My Table). Funnily enough when I go without food for a little while my head clears, and I love that.

Tonight Mr Horsehound and myself are guests of Mr and Mrs Hairy Suit where, I'm sure, their table will be overflowing with delectable goodies...

Now I must slowly glide into the bedroom because I feel another readathon is called for...This time chilling out with Elizabeth Goudge's The White Witch.
Aaaaah x






No comments: