On the menu today:
Sausage Pasta made with spicy pork sausagemeat laced with apple, carrots and tomatoes.
The pasta is whatever I happen to have in the cupboard. Penne probably. To go with it, some hot garlic bread and sweetcorn. After pasta a pud? Of course. The remains of yesterday's strawberry trifle.
Talking of yesterday, I roasted a very small bird. Not much there but what was there was nice. Bit like me.
Later on either today or this week I'll attempt to lay some mint green carpet in the bathroom. This carpet was bought for £2 on Saturday in a charity shop in the nearby village of Hockley. Whilst in Hockley I went into the library and bought a 'withdrawn book' for 20p. Mary Wesley's 'The Dubious Legacy'. Only read the first few paragraphs but seems to be ok. Very English and all that.
My hands are horrid, my fingers resembling over blown Twiglets. Nasty.
My knees are stiff and remind me of hard solid balloons. Hideous.
My hair is a constant source of both amusement and annoyance because when I'm used to looking like a convict then suddenly I resemble a beatnik I tend to get in a lather. Therefore I am constantly torn between keeping it short or letting it flourish. Short equals my new found oldness and flourish means harping back to my youth. But I think long hair on a old girl looks a bit daft. So...I'll be on the phone to the droning Lisa.
Now I surf...
Monday, 9 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment