After my earlier rant (now deleted on account of feeling much better) I've made a rather deelish cup of coffee. And as I walked away from the kettle Monty grabbed my sleeve saying "Oy you pay attention to me or I'll scratch your varicose veins". Isn't he a love? The no-good toe rag will now undoubtedly follow me from the office into the front room where, on propping myself up with numerous cushions, I'll check the news. This news fixation comes from my parents telling me at a very young age that I should know what's going on in the world. They meant well.
Before I forget, I've found a couple of interesting recipes to try. One is for Apple and Cinnamon Scones, the other, for a Chocolate Fondue! I'm quite excited by the thought of that one. Wonder what I can dip into it? Any ideas?
On the menu today:
I'm on my own, so not much, just the ubiquitous sausage sandwich and one or two of the smashing Bakewell Maids I made yesterday. Will then resist the urge to eat half a packet of Starbursts on account of two things. 1. Sweets are for kids and 2. They might get stuck in me gaps.
Thank you very much I've had my say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hello Queenie! Give that Monty a good petting from me, please.
As for the chocolate fondue, try some fresh strawberries or cubes of sponge cake or even pretzels! I love chocolate covered pretzels. Didn't I send you some Flips? If I didn't I certainly inteded to. :) They come in white chocolate or milk chocolate.
Since I'm aging so quickly and my mind is leaving me, did I tell you about my attempt at fish and chips? Well the chips came out just fine, but the fish was horrible! I've made fried fish before so I'm blaming it on the fish itself. It was on sale at Wal Mart and it was very mealy and mushy. I didn't over cook it, it just was icky. So I made sandwiches for everyone.
Hope things are going well for you and your family.
Now I'm off to meet with very important people.
Your D
Hi Duch,
Where are my FLIPS?
If you're making Fish and Chips, try Cod. It's a meaty fish and holds together well.
Mum is feeling much better, in fact she's even been to the hairdressers! So that's great news. I spoke with her today and she said she can't wait for us to go to the shops together.
Dad is relieved beyond belief of course. As for John's mum, there hasn't been any change.
I certainly will pet Monty, I'm sure he'll love it.
I hope your meeting with the very important people goes well.
Your Queen
I did use COD!! That's what pissed me off so badly. I hate Wal Mart meat. I'll pay a little more to get better quality. Great to hear about your Mum and that your Dad is over the moon about it.
I shall try to send Flips by the week's end along with the Christmas present I promised you. I'm getting horrible anymore.
The meeting went better than expected. I had to meet with the administrator of the facility where I staff people to find out why some other company has "back-doored" me. All's good, I can fix it.
I'm at my office while the little Duchess is at practice. Her practice is by my office so instead of driving all the way home and then back again, I hang out here. I have internet and cable tv! Oh and a fridge so I snuck some beer in. :)
Gotta run to the bathroom now since the beer's kicking in....
I don't know when we can have a natter, but hopefully soon. I need to be at work alot now so I will try and schedule a time.
Your bloated Duchess
You sound like you're having fun Duch...Cable tv, internet and beer. All you need now is some CAKE!
Will go to our famous shop Marks and Spencer and find something terribly British for you...
Maybe we could agree a time to have a chat next week, I miss my ballsy pal!
Your cake eating Queen
P.S. WHERE'S MY FLIPS:)
Post a Comment