I don't have a pan for my pancakes...
I've got several frying pans but not one of them is small enough to hold the perfect pancake. So....I WON'T MAKE ANY!
But I will.
Probably at the weekend. Because by then I will have bought a six or seven inch pan.
Doesn't seem right somehow, it's Shrove Tuesday and I'm on my own. Well Monty is here of course but he doesn't give a flying fig about batter type things. Just as long as he can smear Nautical Fish all over his whiskers, he'll be fine.
When I return from a short shopping trip I'll be baking some miniature Bakewell Tarts, otherwise known as 3 inch Bakewell Maids. Something rather gooey and fairytaleish about dinky pastries. All I need now is my Prince. But that's soppy girls stuff and I'm a serious woman. Mostly.
Small General Thoughts:
Watched yet another Morgan Freeman film last night. 'Along Came A Spider'. I was in bed again but without the fish. This time the only scales in sight were right by the long mirror. They're not used much, because I scare easily...
The Lamb Couscous was fabulous. Tender chops braised in a coriander, ginger and cumin sauce. I over did it on the apricots though, they looked like oranges spaceships floating in a spicy universe. Tasted good though. The couscous was buttery and plentiful.
Silly people have complained to the BBC about children's presenter, Cerri Burnell. Cerri has one arm and irate over-sensitive mums and dads have said she 'scares' their kids. What a load of rubbish.
I've gone right off Minced Beef.
I think my ears are getting longer.
Tuesday, 24 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment