Thursday, 12 February 2009

England 0 Spain 2

England suffered an unfortunate defeat.
They were up against a decent enough team but I thought the Spaniards were a tad too eager to put the boot in especially in the direction of sweet boy Sean Wright-Philips. Took a right bashing the kid did.

And in the dying minutes of the game the divine Mr Beckham got very flustered and out of sorts and ended up getting booked for dissent. I dare say, in the post-match chat, that England coach, Fabio Capello had a word or two to say to his lads.

This wasn't the newly invigorated England I was beginning to believe in but a hark back to the bad old days when my once glorious England, looked knackered and were continually getting stuffed.

But being an eternal optimist I still believe that we're going to do well under the stern but giddily handsome Mr Capello, and that one day in 2010 England will lift the World Cup.
Or at least get close enough to see their reflections.

No comments: