Friday, 30 August 2013

A Good Morning

Mum and me had such a good morning, didn't do anything spectacularly different, just wandered easily around six of our most favourite stores on earth.
Five of the six being charity shops...

We were lucky too with the weather...Very warm, bordering of hot, and us dressed suitably. Mum in silk black spotted blouse, trousers of course, but with pop socks instead of her usual 20 denier tights. My Idea....
I went for a Mediterranean look. Multi blues sleeveless maxi frock with ooh la la frill tickling my ankles. Bare legs, which I must confess is a rarity, I prefer my pins to be covered.
Flats in the shoe department, always. Red cotton boat shoes with a rope thing dangling....Mum preferring to stick with her trainer type booties in creme...

We bought a few goodies. Nothing costing more than £2.

For mum:
Three handbags. 50p 50p and £1
Book about Killers £1
Pretty pocket mirror 99p
Teal blouse by Berketex £1.75


My Stuff:

Daffodil yellow Liz Claiborne shoulder bag. Tagged at £2 but the nice lady manning the till only taking £1. Spreading a little kindness perhaps.
A deep glorious dark brown bowl, so gorgeous I would have happily paid more than the asking price of 75p. I envisaged creme caramels or steak and kidney puddings. It now sits on my windowsill because it deserves to.
A rather insolent looking ceramic black cat ( five inches high) with its blood red tongue poking out and a chipped left ear. Brat. 50p
A small dainty glass dish, with chunky legs....perfect for peanuts or sugar cubes. 30p
A scratched much used fairy cakes tin . Outside the shop in the 20p box.
A hinged pocket mirror with an engraved sparrow on the lid. 99p (new)

Also in the shopping bag...a half cucumber, bag of Wotsits and lotions for mother.

All in all a very lovable morning


Back to Homelife.

Being cooked today...

Homemade Hamburgers with raw onion, a salad leaf selection and Cheddar. Sauces and ketchup on offer.
To go with the burgers, homemade Spicy Potato Wedges.
Shop bought Coleslaw. And for pud...see below

All dead easy to make and quick too which leaves me plenty of time to make a dozen Blueberry Muffins. Luckily for all concerned I spotted a punnet of Blueberries on the reduced for quick sale table in Morrisons yesterday...
Oh fantastic I though I'll do something with them tomorrow afternoon.....

Now I must fly...Mother is napping HOORAY!








No comments: