Bertie the campervan is being given the once over by Micky, a man well skilled in rejuvenating older vehicle's innards.
We're not sure how long Bertie will be away, we're hoping it's not too long.
Just before he went in for his mechanic type overhaul I gave him a yellow themed make-over in the soft furnishing dept;
I'd been lucky enough to pick up a pair of over sized lemon coloured curtains for £6 in one of my charity shops, and after much cutting and laborious stitching they were hung up behind the passenger and driver's seat making a nice comfortable area for eating and drinking in the main body of the van. I've not described that very well so as soon as Bertie's back on the driveway I'll snap him and post a pic herein.
On the subject of privacy and drapes I bought two lovely pieces of embroidered net (£5) for the back door windows, which will of course need to be pulled way back when driving. Also more lengths of sweet net (stuff I already had) hangs on Bertie's side windows..... with all this lace hanging about you'd be right in thinking Bertie might be going soft, he isn't. I've listened to him and accepted that for all his rough masculinity and dents he isn't afraid to show his feminine side.
God bless you darling Bertie.
By the way the other day I nearly cracked my skull when cleaning his interior.
Anyway, Bertie is coming along and we're hoping, that after being in Micky's greasy hands, Bertie will be carting us orf somewhere idyllic. Probably Thaxted.
When I've not been working on Bert I've been hauling Mother around town, cooking lots of lovely nosh and generally being a loving if exhausted housewife/friend/daughter.
I take my relationships seriously so have been propping up Mr Horsehound when he finishes his night shifts, being very supportive to Mr Hairy Suit (his homelife bearing an uncanny resemblance to an episode of 'Enders) and aiding and abetting Mother as she fights Westminster City Council.
Life here in the Bungalow can be tiring but never dull.
Being cooked today..
Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
Sweetcorn
*
Bread and Butter Pudding
Being watched today...
Queen Victoria's Children (recorded)
Friday, 16 August 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment