Wednesday, 28 August 2013

A Quick Post

Taking the opportunity for a little 'me time' as mum watches yet another murder mystery on ITV3. So while she snoozes...I can finish off some bread making, make a beef and courgette bake for tonight's tea then sneak into the conservatory with a cuppa.

I relish these oh so few times. Times when I'm in my element. Cooking with the window open, tv news on, flicking through recipe books, touching up my lipstick, giving my neck a re-spray of my favourite scent. 
Simple activities but priceless. 

I have a Farmhouse loaf on its second rise, and the casserole is all but done, added a few mushrooms to the meat and courgette and a good glug of Merlot for extra richness.
An almost endless squeeze of tomato puree adding a rich and sweet redness to the mix and to finish orf, black pepper scattered around like rice at a wedding.

I just heard the weatherman say Autumnal weather is on the way...
Perfect.

Now I must fly, my me time is running out!




2 comments:

Guernsey Girl said...

I love your posts GH - they always make me feel warm and content (if not a little hungry...:)

Gloria Horsehound said...

What a lovely thing for you to say GG. Thank you.

GH