Wednesday, 11 September 2013

England v. Ukraine

Hodgo couldn't have been pleased with 0-0. His players, my boys, did their best (Christ!) but to not much avail. The Ukranians punched and fought, felling a few in the process and we too doing our bit but neither side popped one in.
So as mum, myself and Monty sat close together watching the eagerly  awaited spectacle I wondered about our next match against Montenegro in October.
More of the same I expect. More worry, more nervous anticipation but goals I hope. Because if we don't get a resounding victory Hodgo and the lads will be in for a few sleepless nights because a few days later we, England, meet the clowns that are POLAND...
And I for one cannot imagine a more sick inducing night than being in another do or die game...They give me the pip.

I'm going to Sainsbury's now and hanging from the rear view mirror are two little England balls. Because. I Still Believe...


                                                                      Jan Tomaszewskj
                                                          Poland's Goalkeeper who stopped England
                                                          qualifying for the 1974 World Cup.
                                                         



No comments: