Thursday, 26 September 2013

I've been wondering whether to blog. Should I write a piece now or wait till I feel better?

Feeling better might take some time so..

The holiday was fantastic, an enormous barn of a place, more cathedral than farmhouse. Several times I felt waves of spirituality wash over me...Especially when I stood on the grass with binoculars observing a moonlit sky.
Anyway after leaving a welcome basket of tea, coffee and homemade cake the owners left us.. I was relieved on account of the man of the business being overly jolly.
I just wanted him out and us IN!

And inside was luscious.A lot of money had been spent and we couldn't wait to unpack and play.

Mother was cool in her new home, falling into the brown leather sofa without effort. I felt her recently acquired dry skin cream was doing the bizzo in the butto region.
As for Mr Hairy and myself we just did what all friends do when presented with unimaginable joy, we goofed and grinned smiling like the happy couple we were.
It was an enormously generous gift Hairy had handed Mother and myself. And we were determined to love every hour.

Shopping trips to Maldon and Burham were successful, clothes for mum and a tan leather handbag for me. Hairy splashed out on a rainproof coat and leather jacket.
During one excursion we needed sustenance so barged our way into a coffee shop for tea, hot chocolate and toasted sandwiches.
And as I ate I thought....Here I was, happy but aching, my arm around mum's shoulders, sitting opposite a wonderfully barmy man.
Yeah, life was ok.

Then we came home and my jaw started playing up.
And it's still having a ball.
I will, after my cold has gone, see a doc. No two ways about it. I can't forever mash me food between me gappy front teeth like an aging rabbit .
Bugger.

Talking of pain. The boiler is still broken. But the gasman cometh this p.m.

And so as I write....Mother is dozing on her settee being supported by magazines newspapers and bottles of diabetic friendly linctus. Mr Horsehound is tinkling with the washing up listening to Radio 4. Mr Hairy sending supportive texts.

X








4 comments:

NOF said...

Welcome back Gloria - began to miss your words of love - hope you feel better soon.

The Hairy Suit said...

Hello Gloria, you look after Mum so well that you deserve some luxuries and pleasures in life so the holiday was my pleasure, fabulous surroundings, good food, shops were spot on, company was the best, we do make rather a special couple don't we, loved seeing you and Mum huddled together in happy union on that cosy cornered bench seat of the wonderful coffee shop. it really was the best time together. As for the supportive texts, you know I'll always do all I can for you, to be there and make life good. Keep smiling Gloria

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Nof, feels good blog again, also feels good to be missed.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thank you too Hairy, you're Wonderful!