After yesterday's non-stop 'doing all I can for mother' day (she needed medical confirmations, pharmacist reassurances and hot damp treks around town) I watched, for one hour only, an episode of Columbo.
And while watching I sank a little deeper into the wine red cushions, wishing I could stay all day, all through the night, letting myself be mesmerised by hours of movies and a little X Factor tosh...I wanted to vanish. Disappear.
My sit-downs are few...When Columbo had bagged the bad guys
I clipped old yellowing nails, bed bathed her and felt crushed looking into her hollowed weeping eyes. After taking some more painkillers Mum gave up her settee for a lie down on her bed whilst I made some Cornish Pasties.
I sat at the table chopping and slicing meat and veg as an American actor grimaced and gurgled as he turned from an All American Guy into a rotten werewolf.
It was a silly film but such a comfort.
I've made seven pasties, four for this evening and three to freeze.
GOOD THINGS
Looking forward to tonight's X Factor, another opportunity to shed the apron and latex gloves and don my laughing hat.
I have lots of lovely apples to cook with. I'm thinking..Pies, cakes, crumbles, and just plain baked with syrup.
Having a few days away next week. Olde farmhouse, own pond, beams and lots of shops a car ride away.
Hairy Suit's idea. Mother to chaperone. Might need a bigger car so we can take her orthopaedic mattress. Hope it doesn't deflate.
Saturday, 14 September 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hang in there Gloria..... Life WILL get better, and hope we will have many good times together. The pasties sound good and glad you are finding good things. Where did all those apples come from? Hope you are looking forward to our north essex retreat? All the best wishes The Hairy Suit
The pasties were so good they deserve a post of their own..the apples came from a tree
Ok very clever
Post a Comment