Tuesday, 3 December 2013

Oh just another day.....

..I made a vicar laugh by curtsying to him.  I made him fall about by calling him your highness.

...Charity shop Joan, recently back from her hip op told the gigantically tall man of the cloth that I drove her mad. The sky pilot said she was lucky. LOL!

Meanwhile, over by the hardbacks, sitting more bent than ever, was MOTHER.
Arthritic Joan's efforts to engage mum in a little old dear's tittle tattle made for excruciating viewing. Mum loathes talking to people, but is not rude so she responded to kindly Joan's friendly words in monosyllabicicallysym. ( I love making up new words)

Meanwhile I got on with cruising around the re-vamped shop.


The sweetest best item I bought was a Flower Press..........

After my many gifts of gloriously perfumed bouquets have passed their heyday I pick out one or two flowers and shut them up in between the pages of a book of verse........ so that one day when I'm croakingly old I 'll be able to relive life through the memories of a saved rose.


This afternoon I baked a Rice Cake and a batch of Date Bars.


5 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

Sounds like you had a good day, and I am looking forward to looking back at those pressed blooms with you in years to come. glad Joan is back, sounds like you missed her and it's always good to keep in with the big man eh he he. Baking sounds good too. Keep smiling Gloria

Gloria Horsehound said...

Oh Yes Hairy we'll look back at the blooms recalling how I always jumped at the sight of your never ending gifts.
Thank you.

The Hairy Suit said...

The gifts are my pleasure Gloria, it is our friendship and care for each other that means the most though and is the biggest gift to each other, I hope to always have our fantastic times together.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Hairy, you are right. When the kissings all done real friendship stays.

The Hairy Suit said...

I think we'll always be real close. Friends and kissing together forever