After yesterday's big bake-off (details on Gloria's Table) I couldn't do much today so I settled down on the sofa with Monty and watched the snooker on BBC 2. Mum was listening from the other side of the room in her bed.
I'm hoping my favourite player Mark Selby manages to put sunlight between himself and the ever so annoying Michael White. Selby began well but the pugnacious choirboy Mikey Whitey clawed back to within one frame of the Jester from Leicester.
We'll see...
Old timer Ken Doherty surprise all by cruising through to round two as did Ronnie O'Sullivan my least favourite player.
We, that's mum me and several million after snooker nutters will have to wait another two Mondays before we find out who'll lift the cup and dance away with around £300,000.
I haven't cooked much today, just braised gammon and veggies for our tea and for pud, squares of yesterday's gingercake nuked and covered with custard.
I love cooking but even wild women like what I am need a rest.
Yesterday was fun.
Hairy Suit, his mum and dad, Mr Horsehound and myself tucked into a lovely English Tea. Mother though wasn't well enough to join in, so the five of us sat squeezed into the kitchen while mum lay on her bed with a tea tray.
It's hard knowing what to do when I want to bring people over for supper, dinner, anything, mum doesn't like it and she lets me know.
But I've grown a thicker skin over the past three years and now manage to withstand her onslaughts. Yes, Sunday was successful.
Mum is being very quiet, often staying on top of her bed day after day, but we, thats Mr Horsehound, Mr Hairy and myself all slap on our cheery faces as we clean, goof and garden.
Tomorrow it's back to normal.
Will do the Hockley run then tune in to watch more snooker from Sheffield.
Now I must fly......:)
Monday, 21 April 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great to catch up with you, GH - we had a house full at Easter, too. Back to normal now! X
Hey GG! Wondered where you were girl.
I love your new picture x
So happy you had a good Sunday. And with the one's you love...sounds like a perfect day. And well deserved.
Thanks Linda. It was a lovely day and made lovelier by being with people I love and care about.
Post a Comment