I've been feeling a bit grotty. Cough cough cough. Yesterday I felt awful. Didn't, couldn't go out. Mum even sympathised.
But today I managed to keep smiling by preparing lamb hearts for our tea, and then, after they were snugly bedded down on some root veg, I sat in the cool of the garden.
When I went back into the warm kitchen I felt refreshed. Quite amazing what a little relaxation can do.
I wasn't out there long, but it was long enough to read a few pages of My Weekly and listen to a handful of birds singing and talking. I love bird tittle-tattle more than any other sound. It not only comforts, but has a cleansing effect too. It's as if showers of perfect musical notes rain down.
Which reminds me....Earlier today, as I pottered outside the conservatory I found a small white egg shell. Completely in half with a jagged edge and small patch of sticky yellowy mucous type stuff clinging inside. I held it like it was something special, something out of this world. And to me it was. This half an egg was once home, a delicate crisp sanctuary for fresh new life. And I was in awe.
My eggs of course packed up years ago which I suppose makes the finding of a broken fallen shell all the more potent. Mother Nature, in her wisdom deemed me unfit for Motherhood but instead instilled in me a lot of love for other things.
Thursday, 3 April 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Gloria, feeling grotty, we've all had days like that, your ability however to shrug it off, get on with life and even find something beautiful as is clear from this blog is a wonderful thing. You are a natural maternal figure with a certain Young Master Hairy and your love for other things is very much evident and appreciated. My fantastic Gloria.... keep smiling
Post a Comment