Monday, 8 September 2014

David Beckham. We Need You.

I will gobble my pollock so I don't miss any of the exciting thrilling mood enhancing moments of tonight's televisual feast...England v. Switzerland.

A qualifier for Euro 2016.
Euro 2016.
Seems aeons away, but it isn't. After a couple of christmasses and a watery summer big football will again be upon us.
I do wish Becks was still playing. I think the team could do with not only his exemplary ballmanship but his thorough love of playing for his country. That above all else makes him a giant amongst his fellow pros, who, I felt at times, didn't give a fig about wearing the England shirt. Beckham though wore it like a second skin. That's why I've always loved him.

In an interview with the Mail, 39 year old Golden Balls said he'd like nothing more to be needed by his country. Oh we need him alright, it's just finding the right spot for him. He's uninterested in going down the manager road but surely Hodgo could find him something to do in the dressing rooms. Something akin to a WiseMan, a sage. A fine still youngish man who, given the chance could instill in the younger players a sense of "Oh Yeah, it's fantastic, I'm playing for my country and there's nothing better than that".

Tonight ITV 19:15 hrs

I, along with David, will be hoping......




No comments: