Saturday, 27 September 2014

Don't Stop Me Now

Last Saturday Mr Horsehound, Mr Hairy Suit, Mrs Hairy Suit, little Hairy Suit and me went to the end-of-season disco at the Riverside Village. The theme was masks. Here is little Hairy holding onto my arm while I look at Big Hairy's moustache.

As soon as we arrived at 7:15 we got on the floor and danced immediately to classic disco numbers. By the time the other caravanners got tipsy we'd already done some major moves.
Young Hairy keeping guard in case his dad and myself fall over. At this time we were being oggled by at least 100 people. The more they oggled the more daring I was. Mr Hairy did his best to keep up. By the way as soon as Mr Horsehound tidys up a rather dark home movie I'll upload it.
Lets just say I was getting in the groove. I have no idea what Hairy was up to. It doesn't bare thinking about. Bless.
Here's young Hairy just before he embarked on some cool break dancing. His daddy is in the background wishing he could join in.

The oldies watching as young Hairy twists and turns. His mum can be seen in the near background wearing a black and white dress and red hat. Little Hairy fears nothing and throws himself into everything. He was much in demand on the dance floor.

Oh boy Mr Hairy cuts a fine figure. I, on the other hand, was lost in the music of my youth.

I can't describe how it felt letting myself go. No fear. I wriggled and jumped and wove my way around the dark wooden flooring without a care. I'd forgotten how good dancing makes you feel. I mean, I danced with Hairy and his son, then Mr Horsehound and Mrs Hairy joined in then I danced on my own, gyrating to Little Richard, Beyonce, Abba, Michael Jackson, Earth Wind and Fire, Robin Thicke, The Four Tops, The Foundations, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis, even the Nolans and hundreds of others. I positively lunged and stretched, dipped and swivelled, bringing out from the closet of my disco memory the kind of moves I won presents for. Mind you that was a long time ago. But I was awarded a bottle of champers for my efforts on the night. One of the organisers saying "Here you go, you danced your a*** off".

As Mr Hairy and I rocked to Tutti Frutti an image of dad and mum swept infront of my eyes. They, especially dad, rock and rolled all their life, being happy young lovers in the 1950's. And as I wished for the music to never end I pictured dad throwing mum around the front room. "What do you think dad" I shouted breathlessly. Never heard his reply but I knew he was rockin and rollin right there with me.

It was a fantastic evening, Mr Horsehound doing his cameraman bit, Mrs Hairy Suit gently swaying to 'Build Me Up Buttercup', Mr Hairy Suit pleasing the ladies with his saucy moves. Me? I just let everything out.




A video will hopefully appear tomorrow..



1 comment:

Mrs and Mr NOF said...

Well done Gloria - so glad you had a good time dancing the night away.