Having spent the last two days in the company of Young Hairy Suit (a.k.a 14 year old who never stops) I am physically and emotionally exhausted. Oh Boy can that young man TALK and EAT. I, along with his dad, could barely keep up with him.
We spent two days hanging out in shops and cafes and houses and pubs. Eating, drinking and spending money like tomorrow never existed. Great fun though.....
Markie Boy is a wonderful child.
Growing taller and more charming by the day, a real chip off the old block.
And what matters most is that he sees life for what it is...A laugh.
No quibbles about calories or cost he lives life to the max. Dad and me though worrying constantly about how much fat was in the bean burger and would the hole in the wall machine spit out any more dosh.
Somehow we survived and after a brief game of 'no rules' snooker at his house I came home thoroughly fed and watered and completely loved-up. By the way Markie boy wants to marry me when I'm older! Yes thank you Mark that's quite enough from you YOUNG MAN.
For two hectic days I played the fool, dancing and cuddling, squeezing ketchup bottles willy nilly, feeding Mark's insatiable appetite for play acting (mostly when we were eating) and losing my old woman self in the scintillatingly simple universe that Mark inhabits.
Friday, 31 October 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Gloria...... Wow, what a fantastic time we had. Young Hairy Suit was certainly in his element and you were a complete natural with him. Thank you so much for making it such a wonderful few days. I loved seeing you goofing amd letting your inner child run wild x just fantastic x I Adore you Gloria and Young Hairy Suit thinks you're the best x
Tell your Mr. to stay on his toes! How wonderful to be so uninhibited.
Hi Linda, whenever I'm with Mark I forget I'm old enough to be his grandmother and just let go and have a good time.
Being a child with Down's syndrome Mark is more free than most of us and like his dad says he calls a spade a spade. There is no front to Mark. He cleverly brings out my goofy side and that is, in itself, very energizing and uninhibited.
Post a Comment