Looks like another very fine day.
Will pop out for bird seed and a card then stroll back to tend to my tomatoes.
Here are a couple of 'pastoral' poems I tend not to write much about Mother Nature because I stay indoors a lot.
Impudent Jake, the cat from over the way
lazily stares at my peeling frontage
and
without moving even one eyelid
dismisses me
Another silly human trying her best.
********************************
The lone fox, his nostrils ripped wide open
scurries to the flowered bountiful plate left out by the quiet widow.
His slot of a mouth
with lapping tongue stuck out
gallops up the ladies cat food.
**************************
Mother sparrow
fills baby sparrow
with bits left out by
the childless woman.
The woman hoists herself up and balancing on
her steel sink sups her tears
as her feathered baby's yelling gaping mouth puts all the children in all the world to shame.
********************************************************************************
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good simple post Gloria. My favourite lines being 'his slot of a mouth with lapping tongue stuck out........'
Excellent.
'...bits left out by the childless woman'
Emotive.
Many thanks David.
I like these. When you write, I can just picture it in my head so clearly. (I think that's what they call "good writing".)
The other night I was grilling out bratwurst and on my roof were 5 baby Barn Swallows. They were making a huge racket. That's when I saw the mother Swallow swoop down and start feeding them one by one atop my roof. Called the Duke outside and we stood there for about 20 minutes watching this mother bird feed all her babies.
The cats went bonkers of course.
The Duchess grilling Bratwurst
Post a Comment