Wednesday, 11 June 2008

Oh To Be In The House Of Commons....

Getting up at 4:30 is playing havoc with me so I don't have the energy to do a proper post. Just a scattering of sentences.
*Big day for Gordon Brown.
*Lunchtime in the Horsehound house will ring to the sound of PMQ's.
*It's clouding over.
*Summer was nice this week wasn't it?
* A chum was taken aback by one of yesterdays poems, the one about the Mother sparrow. He said it was fabulous. Thank you.
* Am still going through my vast collection of poems to try and find one or ten to take to the Poetry Society. Going through it all made me realize just how much I've needed to say these past couple of years. I wrote something, can't remember when, about how emotion makes poets of us all. I'll try and find it and post it.
*Mowed the back garden last night wearing a vest and slippers. All I needed was a pipe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a way with words Glo which at one minute has me falling on my arse laughing and at another minute makes me feel sad for you.
Blogging Queen said the Duchess and she was right.

Gloria Horsehound said...

You're too kind Victor, all I do is turn my creative tap on, sometimes it runs hot other times cold.

I have to say Victor I miss the Duchess. Have no idea where she's gone, I miss her ballsyness and honesty.
But some people come into our lives forever and others for a few brief moments.

Anonymous said...

Here I am!!! Speaking of balls, I had a cheese ball with crackers for lunch. I'm here for longer than a few brief moments. Can't get rid of me that quickly.

The Return of the Duchess