.......Briskly pushing mum around the Factory Shop's car park I thought about chips. Not bagged oven chips or American style fries but traditional chipped potatoes fried in hot spitting oil. At home.
Then in we went to the shop which reminds me of a good old pal now deceased, Woolworths. Shelves full of home stuff from sieves to ceramic butterflies from glue guns to ladies shampoo, the factory Shop has it all.
I'd persuaded mum that a trip to the local store was essential on account of my dire need for two baking sheets. So in we trundled.......
We left a good time afterwards bagged up with the aforementioned baking sheets (which are guaranteed for years) and, for mum, three reduced in price novels and as an extra goodie pour moi....one large tea cosy.
I like the shop because it's plain, uncluttered and and sells stuff I need.
So onwards in the chilly wind to the nearest charity shop wherein we off loaded some cash buying:
For mum: 3 Books. 90p
For me: A small delicate yellow china Pre-1950's milk jug. £1. A soft as butter tan four sectioned leather purse.50p. 8 blue and white genuine chopsticks. 50p.
Did the usual English chit chat with old woman on till Mary.
Weather? Oooooh nippy wind.
Christmas? Aaargh not a thing in yet.
Aaaah is she having a nice day out. Grrrrr
I'm hardened to it all now
Then Co-Op for more and more magazines..And as mum waited in the motor wrapped up like a parcel with her blue badge pressed against the window I bought a bottle of Stone's Ginger Wine not because I drink a lot but because I'm happy.
Yes it's possible to be happy even when life is unsure, even when the next few weeks are unsure.
Tonight I'm making Hamburgers with red onion, cheese and Guiness HP sauce..... these mounds of gorgeousness will sit in home made Devon Flat Baps, which as I write are rising very nicely. Only one thing to go with burgers and that's a plate of home fried chips.
Now THAT'S happiness:)
Friday, 9 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When we see so many victims on news and TV it's refreshing to read your positive words about your situation.
We send you our love and good wishes.
Post a Comment