Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Sturdy Table Floored By Old Lady

.Mum fell over last night breaking only a table.
And so after packing her back into bed and binning the table I served Mr H his warmed up chicken casserole.
Lovely.

Naturally enough after this hullaballoooo sleep didn't come easily so into the hot kitchen I went only to sit and ponder.............
Love and appointments which at the moment are what my life consists of. Loving my one remaining parent who, at times makes me feel nauseous, not becuase of the way she looks nor because of the things I have to do but on account of not being able to save her. Love makes me sick. Her little life at home with dad was simple but full and rich. And what she's got now doesn't compensate. Food, care and affection can't replace a life lost.
So yeah I thought about these things as Mr H washed up and eventually went to bed only to dream of blue tongues.

As I write this mum is drifting in and out of sleep and I am making Nigel Slater's Sausage and Potato Pie.
I do though have something to look forward to, a teatime natter with my good friend Mr Hairy. After chatting with mum he'll sit in the kitchen opposite me forking his way through a large wedge of freshly baked apple cake. Lovely.
Another lovely precious thing I can't live without is football. And games don't come any bigger than when England take on a two bit team like Sweden. We all know that Roy's lads will score well heavy but there's always the sickening thrill of the little no-hopers sneaking one past Hart.
So tonight mum and me, and a little later on Mr H, will hurl nothing but encouragement as Shakespeare writes off Strindberg.
:)


1 comment:

Terry said...

Seems the no-hopers put more than one past Mr Hart. The team badly needs some of your apple cake to give them a lift