...........Mum couldn't get a look at Potter's baking tins on account of the several steps down to the recently made-over cooking section of the old ironmongers in Hockley, but I did and it was smashing.
Shelves of of bakeware set my heart on fire but all I needed was a 1lb loaf tin for a malt loaf I'm making after sighing and caressing the exquisite stuff I cradled the £5 poppet in the palms of my hands and walked up the few stairs to find mum flicking through paint swatches. I paid till girl Jo then after exchanging pleasantries about winter Jo opened the door and mum and my good self left the little store heading to the charity shops...
Books for mum.
Books and black lounging suit for me.
Spending little money yet coming home with bags of goodies has always and will always please me more than anything. The lounging jim jams cost £1:50, the book, 80p Only items which cost a lot were the aforementioned loaf tin and the newest Rimmel mascara which promises me the fittest fattest lashes EVER! And so I figured £8 for sexy eyes is really ok;)
We couldn't of course go home without popping in the bloody Co-Op so, after mum's blood test, which was in Hockley by the way, I bagged some courgettes.
Then home in sunlight to Mr H in a pinny.
He'd been left holding the fort, generally tidying, because his sister, was paying a visit.
So in came mother and I and awaited our visitor, my sister-in-law. The divine Ms Worth.
Her visit was very short but we yakked away over beans and cake until it was time for her to leave. It was good seeing her again and hearing about the adventure she's about to begin in Dorset. I admire her for that. Starting out anew, afresh, way away from relatives and everything she knows both here in Essex and London. Takes a lot of bottle to sell your furniture and sit on another seat...
Back to where I came in. Baking.
I'm making a beef cobbler for tea and for pud a lemon puddle pudding.
Tonight's entertainment is on BBC3. Debate with Jake Humphry on Presidents and over on BBC4, 2 food programmes. One with Lucy Horsley and one about bread. Bliss.
Tuesday, 6 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment