It was so cold when mum and me left the warm confines of the hospital last night that I wasn't sure if the slow water flowing from my eyes was borne of the chill wind or relief that she'd got through another bout with her battle against ill health.
Of course I knew...
It wasn't the November night weather that made me wet around my eyes it was relief. Relief that I was taking her home. Again.
It had been an ordeal but somehow she'd got through it and I could only marvel at her determination.
She's asleep now. In her winter coat. On the bed. Surrounded by her stuff.
I'm glad.
Thursday, 29 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Good news. And so happy you and your Mum are home...rest and calm...? Nope probably lots of happy cooking!
And we are glad too Gloria. Glad for you and glad for your Mum. We send you both our love and best wishes.
And I'm still marvelling at your determination, too. Like mother, like daughter. Bless you both x
Linda you are so right! Cooking is my answer to everything! Made a gorgeous beef and cider casserole to celebrate mum's return.
Hello GG good to see you. I'm a small chip of the old blocks, mum doesn't recognize defeat, neither did dad and I'm so pleased I'm like them!
Thanks Mr and Mrs Nof. I'm certain that every good wish sent....works!
I bet they're glad your like them, too!!
Post a Comment