.............As I hung out the washing I looked forward...
Two pigeons on the damp bare table pecking furiously at the last specks of seed. Must feed them asap.
The sky, a washed out bleached blue. Not a trace of anything warm. No cauliflower clouds or swooping screeching starlings just faded silent lifeless space.
My hands looked daft wrapped in yellow washing up gloves.
And as I pegged jumpers to the line cold water dripped down from my wrists skirting its way to my uncovered elbows.... I was glad though..... Always feel satisfied after completing a full sinkload.
Inside.
Mum...... warm in the front room. Monty luxurious, on the shaggy burgundy hearth rug coiled like dead fox fur around the shoulders of a grand lady.
Mr Hairy Suit brows very furrowed figuring out glitches on his laptop.
All is still. Like a painting.
Friday, 11 January 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A dreamy day of good things and an absolute pleasure to be part of your day.
Peace and calm in your household which you deserve.A few minutes to draw breath
Post a Comment