Monday, 22 April 2013

Just took a large sunflower seeded loaf from the oven. I couldn't be more pleased, it's a beauty.

Feeling in dire need of space and air I cleared away some recipe books from the kitchen dresser freeing up that space for cooking ingredients like spices and oils.
My forest of recipe books vary in size from wee paperbacks with their backs falling away to grand shiny hardbacks without scars or rips.

This afternoon I toddled around in the garden for a bit, mostly for some cool air but also to get away from mum and the telly. Mother has now taken to my new settee, a crime in my eyes. To think that the shrinking old bean with horrendous feet will be my neighbour as I text makes me fee a little sick. We all need our space and so far my settees both old and new have had only one bum on them and that's mine. Admittedly I have been known to allow male bums to get close and squash my pads but those times are rare. I feel now a certain kind of dread that my once throne has been taken over and I am bitterly sad.

Talking of sad. I am.A bit.  I suppose I'm feeling the result of a never ending round of shopping, doctors, drugs and feet. Only today did I do her feet. Hitching them up onto my lap as someone played someone in a snooker match I carefully clipped her rhino nails. My God they are thick. Think doorstep. And so, as bits of yellowing nail flew into the teacup I tried to think positively. It didn't work, I just got a headache.

I eventually left mother to admire her short nails and made my way to the kitchen where I made the aforementioned loaf. Also made was a huge pan of minestrone soup containing amongst other things; pearly barley, rice and home grown marjoram.
To accompany the soup; a thick cheese scone.

 From Avon I've ordered an exercise rope thing for my tum.
I slip my feet into straps and pull myself up from a prostrate position.
Could make a good photo...

2 comments:

The Hairy Suit said...

Hello Gloria, You do an awful lot for Mother and no-one is a machine, give yourself credit. You also manage your home and cook beautifully. I felt sadness too, that I wasn't able to be there and attempt to lift your spirits. Looking forward to laughing together again.

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Hairy, you're right. No-one beats themselves up better than ME!
Thank God you're going to be a late arrival today, gives me more time to humanize myself.