Sunday, 3 November 2013

Never Explain or Complain

As I write a steak and kidney pudding is steaming. We're eager to eat it alongside plain boiled potatoes and steamed greens. Going back to basics, returning to simpler food has lately been my love.
Only yesterday did I make a huge pot of chilli serving it with pearly barley and crushed tortilla chips. To add pizazz Mr Hairy uncorked some giggle wasser, a strange combi but it worked.

Recently, on Thursday actually, I had company in the kitchen, Mr Hairy and his son, little Hairy, little Hairy being called as such on account of his tender age and the fact that he's started shaving... His first sproutings being dealt with only last week. Bless Him.
I thought it'd be cool to cook with the young man so I invited him and dad for an afternoon of mixing and managing. Mixing in the form of banana and peanut butter muffins and managing in the guise of trying to keep the mix in the bowl.
What a hoot we had. I have pics to prove it and will soon post a couple.
                                                            "Yes! IT'S AN ELECTRIC WHISK"

                                                                   "give it to me"


Mother has been braver than brave. No news there then. She continues to astonish with her fortitude and vocabulary.
What a love.

Mr Horsehound continues to work unsocial hours but rises smiling and settles in the dark still smiling. A man beyond all comprehension.

I watched the X Factor last night and loved it far more than last weeks limp offering. Music from the films? I was expecting Doris Day not Celine Dion. Mother hated it.
But Disco week had me grooving in me cushion. Oh such memories. Big hair. Slimmer. Staying up till midnight satisfying myself with Donna Summer.
Yeah last night's show was the best so far.

Will tune it tonight to see who gets booted, should be young lad Sam Callahan, got the face but nothing else.

I have to sign orf now, Mother wants to watch my Jack The Ripper DVD.
And as she dozes, as she so often does, I'll creep out to check my saucepan hasn't run dry. Can't think of anything more horrific than a dried up old pudding....


No comments: