The District Nurse arrived late, flustering and blustering and with a quick style of speech which left me floundering. I do wish people would remember to listen. Conversations, if well done, go two ways. This Nursie had her agenda and by jolly jingo was intent on keeping to it. Do you know what? I don't think she heard a word I said.
I'd vanished into the woodwork like hunted vermin.
After talking to Mother the nurse photographed mum's weeping splitting sores as I ran my damp hands down my dress in anguish. Such is the awfulness of the situation.
Nurse left as blisteringly quickly as she had arrived leaving mum sad, brutal and bemoaning the NHS and its employees.
Dear Mother.
Waiting in all day for someone to call is tiring.
So.
I filled the day with laundry.
I was intent on more creative pursuits but waiting and caring sometimes dries up the juice so by mid afternoon I was dashed. And as I sat on the two seater sofa which Mr Horsehound had brought in from the conservatory.............
I decided to open a can of corned beef.
And I hate that.
Because cans to me spell one thing.....I've lost my mojo... loss of inspiration, a special spark.
Pictured here is my beautiful secondhand weighing machine. Bought in Hockley on Monday. A real steal at under £5. And unlike my other scales I'll keep this one clean and grease free, clear of all splatterings and sticky fingermarks, astonishingly polished.
I just wish it was being used today.
Friday, 31 January 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Gloria. ...... what a day...... Mum is remarkable....... you are amazing. I am sure you'll find ways to enjoy those lovely scales you only just beat me to he he some days though openning a few tins is the very best thing to do while you spend the time saved relaxing on your relocated sofa eh? keep smiling Gloria there's people out here who love you!
Post a Comment