Sunday's are sacred.
A day where only the very most urgent of mother related tasks are done. Like getting her heart re-started.
A day where I get to slouch around in my dressing gown.
But last Sunday was different.
I, and Mr Hairy Suit burned rubber on a trip to Currys.
WHAT?
Oh yes. As Mr Hairy and I sipped our much needed early morning cuppa (he frequents the bungalow willy nilly) I bleated on about being a frustrated Domestic Goddess on account of having to do me laundry in a bucket.
I'd had enough I said and no sooner had I said it we were on our way to pick up a Hotpoint Washing Machine from Currys in Southend.
.... Because.....As the tea leaves patterned the bottom on me tea cup I'd shaken out me hidden money tin and packed a fair whack of dosh in me purse. God I was determined to put an end to forests of clothes and household linens turning me into a slimline slave.
Anyway the staff at Currys were totally amazing. And within two hours I had an Indesit Tumble dryer and the aforementioned Hotpoint Washing Machine. Getting them home was done in two journeys of course, Hairy has many cars but not even his fleet of spectacular classic motors could accommodate two kitchen essentials like what we'd bought. By the way the Dryer was Hairy's idea so he had to buy it.
And so as Mother and I gabbled on about having laundry mornings with tea and murder mysteries the men, (Hairy and Mr Horsehound) set about getting me plumbed in.
And my dears, I haven't looked back.
It's wonderful being able to do a full load on a Monday, even leaving it bubbling whilst mum and I do the Post Office run.
It's fabulous having heaps of perfectly dried clobber sitting on a chair and more gorgeous knowing that Mr Horsehound's dressing gown will be free from bacterial life.
And even more profound is knowing I finally had the sense to treat myself to something worthwhile.
I couldn't though have accomplished such a feat without assistance from Mr Hairy Suit and for that I'm forever grateful
Baby.
Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Gloria, what a whirlwind that Sunday was...... made absolute sense to include a tumble dryer instead of swamp the bungalow in freshly washed dripping things he he. And erm..... adjusting the kithchen I built for you to accommodate and plumb the washing machine in was fun and an absolute pleasure to do for wonferful you Darling. I love the way you were so excited about it all. And the image of you delicately sipping tea with Mother while your unmemtionables effortlessly frolick & dance is a beautiful thing he he just glad life will be that little bit easier for you Baby x
Good for you...this will give you so much more time. I can't imagine being without a washer and dryer. Takes me back many many years ago when I had to trip to the Laundromat with 2 to 3 baskets of clothes and a little girl in a carrier and lots of change to feed the gluttonous machines! Enjoy!
A little girl in a carrier! What a delightful image Linda. In Britain 'carriers' are small bags used for holding groceries... And there are times, many times in fact that I'd rather being carrying a little 'un than a bag of sugar.
Oh Hairy please don't mention my unmentionables on a public blog.
By the way my corset got tangled in Mother's 'special' sheet.
Post a Comment