Sunday, 5 July 2015

It's all about birds.

The Swan Family regular visitors to our caravan 'Two Ducks on Wallasea island. The parents hiss if you do anything untoward, like move an arm or blink, but so far I've managed to hand feed them without losing a finger. Very pleasant but I wouldn't trust them...
A wary but welcome visitor catching some rays on the sturdy steps erected by clever clogs Mr Hairy Suit. He made the verandah aswell, a real feat of engineering by the geeky civil servant.

Mum and dad swan their cygnets and around 18 ducks all lunching on seeds, bread and fresh water. I adore playing lady bountiful to my feathered mates, I know they cruise the caravans on the lookout for stale Hovis but for an hour or so every day I play at being St Francis in a frock.
Hey you're supposed to DRINK the water, not sit in it. I put out a pretty bowl of fresh water so they could enjoy a slurp after munching on their vast array of seeds and bread, one of the cygnets though took to like a um a um duck to um water...I'm gonna need a bigger bowl.
A baby Thrush flew into the bedroom, Mr Hairy Suit did his Birdman of Wallasea act.
'Two Ducks' our lovely little retro caravan down by the riverside.
The small buffet carefully and lovingly prepared then laid out by myself and Mr Hairy Suit for our guests Mr Horsehound and his lady friend, Miss Redhead. They made it home with no ill effects... Better luck next time...


Remember to click on the pics for a more astounding view.






No comments: