Friday, 17 July 2015

Not a bad start I must say...

After a heart-stoppingly grim day yesterday (anniversary of mum's death, it's actually today, the 17th, but she passed away on the Thursday) I tried with all my heart this morning to be full of cheer. Not only for others but for myself.

And after a solo breakfast I talked with Mr Horsehound, and even when the line crackled I still heard what he said and didn't say.
I have to say it I miss my friend. And so when important words were aired and snuffles mopped we came to an accommodation which I feel will see us alright.

He and Miss Redhead are orf on a long journey this morning to see a family member, and I feel Ms Redhead will meet her match, because my sister-in-law can talk and talk but what's most important is, she talks eloquently.
Yep, it was lovely chatting to Mr H I think a corner has been skillfully and tenderly turned.


Just returned from a shopping trip. The usual groceries emptying my purse, but I must say I've become very skilled in the art of money management so much so that I treated myself to a new basic no frills or buttons iron.
And some reduced lamb.

As for grief. It never goes away completely, yesterday I wallowed in memories of my lovely Lilly, how her fight to stay alive humbled me and how whenever I feel like jumping in a river, any river ala Virginia Woolf style I simply remember who my parents were.
And then I go home.

Have ton of stuff recorded so if I get some time off this weekend from pottering in gardens I will watch something. With sweets. And a happy heart.




No comments: