Pity the players at Wimbledon today. Weather forecast says temps could reach 95 degrees f. Way too warm for my taste. But Wimbles is a summer sport and with that comes perspiration and near collapse.
Can't wait.
Not a titter from Mr Horsehound. He will be cursing this heat though. Never a man for lounging under the sun he prefers to stay inside. Very wise man. In some respects.
On account of the increase in temperature I've had to start taking my arthritis pills again. My knees bulge and my my fingers too. But as long as my mind is healthy I can tolerate physical blips.
Started re-reading Elizabeth Goudge. A dear author of mine. Stella, the protagonist in Gentian Hill is a strong loving girl awash with human weaknesses resonates with me a little. She's courageous but not daft.
Made twelve Fig Fingers yesterday. Such a simple recipe. I did tweak it though. The original recipe uses dates. But as I adore shop bought fig rolls I thought hey let's play dangerous and use figs instead.
Now I kit myself out in long floaty frock and sun hat and drive down to Two Ducks where I will sip water watching tennis on tv.
Our caravan is looking more habitable now, lots of growing veg and fruit, herbs too. Flowers in abundance. A rainbow coloured ceramic bowl filled with water for all types of birds. Magpies, ducks, pigeons and a family of swans.
I'll sort out some pics.
Have a nice safe day everyone and don't be a daft grill-yourself-under-the-sun-Brit.....
STAY IN THE SHADE!
Wednesday, 1 July 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment