Just been for a walk around my garden.
Rosemary is looking well and so is the newly trimmed Forsythia. A huge amount of 'unwanted' yellow flowered weeds have sprung up and beautiful they are too. I won't and can't go in with the secateurs just because they're weeds, weeds too can be awesome! Awesome? This is what happens when you spend time with teenagers, their language seeps into yours. But yes, undesirable bushes can erupt and add a splash of colour along your greying wall. So the weeds stay.
Something which won't be staying however is the sad old paint on the sad old doorstep. That's in for a new lick of red gloss tile and step paint. I like painting... The front room, by the way, is coming along albeit painfully slow.
Anyway back to the front garden.
I have quite a large frontage, and if truth be told, it's splendour comes not from design by from wilful neglect. I've tended just to let things grow, I'm averse to pruning shears you see. Something I read somewhere about plants feeling pain or some such nonsense. At any rate I clip very little. Many a time I dislodged the wing mirror on the car because of over hanging rose branches.
I think if I had my way (some hopes) I'd let the whole garden run riot. In fact it's very near that out the back. A Buddleia has appeared from nowhere and I now spend a lot of minutes standing at the sink watching the butterflies feed on the purple flowers. Stinging nettles are coming up too but they seem quite content to rub shoulders with Fuschia (?) and something else I can't remember the name of...
Gotta dash now. Got to make a birthday cake for an awesome teenager!
Thursday, 13 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
To know if you garden has run amuck - becoming a jungle of plants. If you find someone living inside or you get lost in the leaves... it has gone too far.
Jerry from the West Coast
P.S. American Football - grown men in suits trying to move a ball that looks like it was rejected by Rugby teams.
Post a Comment