Friday, 14 August 2009

This Isn't My New Dress This Is An Old One


I didn't think my day could get any better.
Not only did I do a marvellous stint at Henry's, (by the way he asked if I'd run away with him to Suffolk), I found the cutest tea pot in the charity shop. Blue and white it is with blue flowers on it. There were two matching cups and saucers which I of course bought oh and I bought the stupidest dress. It's black with pencil straps and has loads of glittery gold metal things around the waist. I have no idea where I'll where it but I dare say it'll raise a few eyebrows. The picture up there is NOT of the new dress, it is an old metal frock I bought ages ago. OK?
What else? Oh yes I bought another cake stand. Total cost of goodies £ 6 :(

Now blood pressure.
I will deliberately have mine raised tonight on account of my decision to listen to Radio 4's Any Questions... Bob (I'm a Communist) Crowe is a guest. It will take wild horses to drag me away from the wireless. I don't necessarily want to hear what he has to say I just want to hear the boos when Mr Dimblebum introduces him. :)

I made a cake yesterday for Henry's daughter.
Oh dear.
Oh deary me.
The icing was a awful, instead of being dark glossy oozing umptousness brown, it was grey.
So I've made another one and this one will be decorated with something or other. Henry, bless him, is getting in a bit of a lather over the 90 odd guests who'll be turning up at the castle. Poor old bean is having security guards on the doors to deter the unwelcome elements...So only 4 people will be boogieing :)

Ho hum, I've got a tum. And looking down at my protuberances I'm thinking about me in this new glitterball frock. Up there is a picture of me in another starbright dress, it is now in the draw under my football shirt.

Whilst I'm waiting for my icing to firm up I'll hum a happy tune and talk snorkers. Tonight I'll be sliding a decent honey and spiced sausage inside a sesame bap lathering it up with lashings of fried onions and serving it with chips. Chips are good because they're 'friendly' food. And so here is my list of other friendly foods.

-Quince Jam from sister-in-laws
-Cakes from my oven
-Snipped Marshmallows after six with a rude man in the room
-Bananas at eleven every single flipping day
-Cream Crackers with Hummus on a Friday in my kitchen on a chair without a hairnet
-Mashed potato forked into a spiritual altar
-Plums from men
-Fish and Chips from George's but no pickled onions because they've lost their crunch from being sat on a counter for nine months
-McDonald's any day
-Chinese take away on a Saturday sometimes
-Nobby's Nuts usually after a walk up a hill without a mobile phone
-Pimm's and lemonade crammed with lemon, mint and cucumber and a pink plastic swizzle stick but only with a man with a bad eye

The icing is now ready:)

No comments: