Thursday, 10 November 2011

In a pickle in a woolly


Liam

Liver


Thank you John, for your words...


Ok here's how to aid an older lady to full fitness...Load her with Liver. More on that later...

The miniature warrior has been an angel today not because she was born that way but because she has obeyed.
Firstly by staying put when I roared off to the shops and secondly by imparting unto me pearls of wisdom. Made me wonder what she got up to when I was a baby.
Anyway the tottery thing lipsticked up, read her papers and ate better than ever. Happy daughter...
First to be cut up was a 1p.m. plate of pie and mash, slowly followed by a strawberry yoghurt. Tea was plentiful likewise diet cola.
A little later in the day I had an appointment, so warily left her Majesty with the remote control and the fire on...I can't keep worrying over whether or not she'll set fire to houses, she's old, not daft.
So off I skipped...

Then for tea I made one of her favs, Liver and Bacon, the lamb's liver was cooked perfectly and topping it was a rasher of crisp bacon and crowning the buttery mash a small mound of tawny onions. Peas and gravy accompanied. She woofed the lot. As I'll be having a major cook-in tomorrow I thought it best NOT to over do the dessert so handed her a miniature swiss roll wrapped in a paper towel.

She looked happy and relaxed as she nibbled gently, watching Liam Neeson smash the Albanian gang of kidnappers.
I, on the other hand, had real people to be heavy handed with.

Today's weather has been a November kind of weather... rough winds, early morning fog, only highlight being the colour of fallen leaves... I continually quoted Keats...But....I bet he wasn't being blown rough-shod around a Southend car park when singing about seasons of mellow fruitfulness.
Bugger. Poet.

Autumn always sees me in a pickle.
Crisp white blouses or sexless thick ribbed woollies?
Gives me a headache it does.

Anyway that's enough about ME. This post is about Mother and how well she's recovering from her massive head injury. She continues to amaze with her never-say-die attitude and her lust for offal.

:)

2 comments:

Terry said...

Your photo in that sweater would make any man's blood boil with lust. You look so happy. Now all we need to see is the blouse!

Gloria Horsehound said...

Thanks Terry!
My blouse is on the horse!