Thursday, 17 November 2011

Thursday wrote Mrs Horsehound...

Home.
Sweet.


Mum was ready by the time I'd arrived (9 a.m.) so after a quick cuppa we bussed our way to the docs.

After an hour or so we were on our way back..by foot. And her choosing to walk instead of getting a cab or bus made my morning.

She'd been pulled and tinkered with at the surgery but it didn't stop her dawdling around Waitrose picking up meat a little later on... I was so pleased. She is far from excellent health but an interest in food is always a good sign.

Back indoors we chattered away like a couple of parrots till it was time for me to leave...

I left and it was chilly outside so I wrapped myself in a large brown scarf and sat motionless on the tube...
I'd be fibbing if I said I wasn't shattered by the to-ings and fro-ings and comings and goings so I let myself chill on the busy tube train, nothing to read just my hands on my lap clutching my brown patent leather handbag.
Aaah lovely....

And then I woke!
As the woman on the Tannoy told all that we were now at WHITECHAPEL.
WHITECHAPEL? What was I doing at WHITECHAPEL. I'd drifted off to bloody sleep and missed Liverpool Street station by two stops. Soppy Fool.
I leapt from my seat, jumped off, scrambled around platform 1 ran up steps ran down steps like a whippet on acid and then on platform 2 waited...and waited... Funny how enforced waiting leads to deep and meaningful thinking.
I was away, away with demonic fairies ,and as they played and toyed with me, and as they filled my head with their sentimental gushings and warnings I simply told myself "TGIF. Soon." I have a day of freedom tomorrow and a mixed bag of jollities for the weekend..... so I waited for the Hammersmith and City line train and let the November wind rough my cheeks.

I got home and immediately fed Monty. I then, for my mind's sake, took comfort in District 13 Ultimatum. Fantastic. Damien saves the dispossessed once again. Utter nonsense, but isn't all fantasy?

Even though I'm wearing a large full blue Pashmina I'm still going to make dinner. A big bowl of meaty Ravioli with a tomato and Mascarpone sauce and to dunk....garlic bread. For freshness a salad of tomatoes and cabbage leaves dressed in olive oil and lemon juice.

Pudding will be a blue and white bowl of mellow Cornish ice cream.

What sweet way to end a post:)

1 comment:

Terry said...

You were lucky it was only Whitechapel! Goodness knows you could have awoken in a tube siding with lots of men fussing around you wanting to clean the train!!!